Monday, June 14, 2010

USA USA DEUTSCHLAND

Woo! The party is raging in SA. I will have to post more pictures in the coming weeks as for now we are constantly on the go. Had a great time at the USA England match in a central square in Cape Town. Happy to get a fluke goal and a 1-1 USA England Tie. And no english hooligans later, just arrogant comments.

Had a spectacular drive down to the cape fo good hope along the coast yesterday. Unbelievably beautiful. Following which we headed to the Pauler brewery (a German brewery based in Munich) for the Serbia and Germany matches. Serbia lost unfortunately (Jel (girlfriend) is serbian), but we quickly rebounded with a live band and signing and dancing. The bar went nuts when I had Jel switch from a serbia jersey into a Germany one. In fact, we were soo animated that all of the german national network television cameras came to our half of the bar to film the pre-party. Deutsche Familie- habt ihr mich im fernsehen gesehen? ARD, RTL und RTLII?

Germany pummeled Australia 4-0 (sorry Barto) to the ecstasy of the hundreds of germans packing the bar. I was happy to see some goals.

As far as my allegiances, I stand by the US all the way, but can't help but have loyalties to the Germans as well. I am hoping that those two won't have to play each other..

By Request, the games I am slated to see next are:
Italy Paraguay (cape town) (GOOOO PARAGUAY)
USA- SLOVENIA (Johannesburg) (USA USA USA)
Italy- New Zealand (nelspruit) (GOOO NEW ZEALAND)
Spain Honduras (Johannesburg) (VIVA HONDURAS)

No comments:

Post a Comment